Immanuel Episcopal Church is on almost seven acres of land on a hill above the main square of the village of Bellows Falls, Vermont. The property includes the Church with its attached Parish House (Offices, Chapel/Conference Room, Library, and Community Closet thrift store) and the Retreat House.
Immanuel Episcopal Church is a treasure. It was designed by one of Amercia's best-known Gothic revival architects, Richard M. Upjohn. The wheel-chair accessible building is a perfect example of the French country Gothic style of about the 14th century. Its excellent acoustics have been noted by musicians and audiences alike. It was completed in 1867.
The Retreat House was built in 1847 for a sum of $1,000. It sleeps eleven people in five bedrooms (one single, two doubles, two triples). There is also a chapel and modest library, a living room with adjoining dining room, and a spacious kitchen. There are three and a half bathrooms including a handicapped accessible bathroom on the first floor.
The Church sanctuary seats up to 200 people as a worship, performance or lecture space.
The Chapel/Conference Room in the Parish House, part of the main church building, is a spiritually oriented space for group work, a small for coffee hour after church and refreshments at concert intermissions. It holds up to 50 people theater style, 25 in a circle or 12 around a conference table.
The Church Undercroft has a professional kitchen as well as a dining room that can serve up to 100 people for a sit-down meal.
In these two buildings, the we can:
The church, chapel and retreat house are handicap accessible.